Marty Dread, Hawaii's Reggae Ambassador, has produced 20 albums and performs at a variety of venues throughout the Hawaiian Islands and around the world.
When it comes to touring as a performer and breaking new ground, few in Hawaii's music scene can compare to Maui's Marty Dread. Photo-r: Richard Pechner
2022 marks 28 years since the release of Marty Dread's first album for Five Corners Music.
Marty Dread, known as Hawaii's Reggae Ambassador, has performed at the White House in Washington, D.C., Moscow's Red Square in Russia, the Cotton Club in Harlem, and major festivals, including Reggae on the River, Farm Aid, Reggae on the Rocks, Sierra Nevada World Music Festival, and more.
Marty Dread has toured as an opening act for Willie Nelson and appeared on stage with Willie Nelson at his annual Farm Aid concerts in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and Kansas City, Missouri and his 4th of July Picnic in Fort Worth, Texas.
In addition to performing throughout the USA, Marty Dread has also performed in Brazil, Tahiti, Canada, Thailand, Guam, Saipan, and China. What's more, he is the only Hawaii artist ever to play major festivals in the Caribbean, including Barbados and reggae's homeland, Jamaica.
In recording studios, Marty Dread has worked with Willie Nelson, Inner Circle, Kris Kristofferson, Anthony B, Michael McDonald, Junior Reid, Mikey Dread, Fiji, Irie Love, Pato Banton, Sly and Robbie, Mad Professor, Tippa Irie, Toots Hibbert, Oshen, Common Sense, Bluetech, and others.
In Hawaii, you can enjoy Marty Dread's live performances on sunset cruises off the island of Maui, in addition to other engagements on Maui and throughout the neighboring Hawaiian Islands. (He's been known to play in three different locations on the same day!)
1993 - "Wicked Wahine"
2006 - "What Happened to Peace on Earth?" with Willie Nelson, Jack Johnson, Ben Harper, Michael McDonald, and Pat Simmons
2006 - "Take No Part" w/Willie Nelson, Sly and Robbie
2008 - "Peaceful Solution" w/Willie Nelson, Mad Professor
2009 - "No Ice in Paradise" with Mad Professor
2010 - "Auright" with Ten Feet
2011 - "Stay HI" with The Throwdowns
2011 - "Lend a Hand to the Farmers" with Willie Nelson
2012 - "Have You Ever Seen the Rain" with Inner Circle
2013 - "Lite This Up" featuring Willie Nelson
2013 - "Search I" with Million 7
2014 - "Say NO to GMOs" (EP) with Twilight Circus
2014 - "Thank You for Nothing"
2015 - "A'ole TMT" feat. Leiohu Ryder
2016 - "Love You Madly"
2016 - "Home (Errol Brown Remix)"
2016 - "Pokemaster (Remix)" feat. Darrell Labrado
2016 - "Maker of Them All"
2016 - "Jump for Jah" w/Prezident Brown
2021 - "Love Somebody Today"
- The White House, Washington, D.C.
- House of Blues, Hollywood, CA
- Cotton Club, Harlem, NY
- Sierra Nevada World Music Festival, Booneville, CA
- Farm Aid, Miller Park, Milwaukee, WI
- SmartFest, Sandwich, NH
- First TAP, Anchorage, AK
- Reggae on the River, Humboldt County, CA
- Azalea Festival, Wilmington, NC
- Pure Aloha Festival, Las Vegas, NV
- Midwest Reggae Fest, Cleveland, OH
- Northwest Reggae Festival, Seattle, WA
- Dreadstock, Vallejo, CA
- 420 Festival, Palmer, AK
- Reggae by the Pier, San Francisco, CA
- Willie Nelson's 4th of July Picnic, Fort Worth, TX
- Coach House, San Juan Capistrano, CA
- Belly Up Tavern, Solana Beach, CA
- Winston's, San Diego, CA
- The Wild Hare, Chicago, IL
- Interurban, Chickasha and Duncan, OK
- Reggae Café, Koh Samui, Thailand
- Red Square, Moscow, USSR
- Various venues in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Virada Cultural Festival, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Typhoon Chata'an Relief Bash, Dededo, Guam
- Toata, Papeete, Tahiti
- Club Latina, Shanghai, China
- Jamaica Jazz and Blues Fest, Montego Bay, Jamaica
- Virgin Holidays Music Fest, Surfers Bay, Barbados
Talking Kindness with Marty Dread was posted in June 2021 (20 minutes)
• Marty Dread on Social Media:
• Contact Marty Dread about media interviews, public and private performances, music licensing, and/or sign-up for his mailing list.